The many benefits of intravenous nutrient therapy starts with flooding the body with therapeutic doses of vitamins, minerals, electrolytes and antioxidants for the purpose of achieving high intracellular tissue concentration1
Why choose nutrient infusions over supplements or diet?
Certain medical conditions (especially when the digestive system is compromised), can lead to chronic vitamin deficiencies. For example, celiac disease, hypothyroidism, Hashimoto’s, IBS, constipation, Crohns, Colitis, gluten sensitivity, candida and leaky gut can lead to malabsorption and low levels of important nutrients such as B12, B6, magnesium, vitamin C and zinc. Chronic stress depletes important minerals and vitamins such as magnesium, sodium and vitamins C and B5 which are important for adrenal gland function. Medications such as the birth control pill, heart burn meds, blood pressure meds, antibiotics, and Tylenol cause nutrient depletions overtime2.
What are the effects of IV’s in my body?
IV nutrients bypass the digestive system and achieve therapeutic doses that cannot be achieved by oral supplement1. When your body cannot absorb nutrients through food or oral supplements, the body’s immune response begins to falter, wounds take longer to heal, energy levels plummet, skin rashes flare and your hormones go haywire. Nutrient infusion therapy provides a direct route of delivery into the bloodstream in high concentrations. These nutrients will begin to repair the gut, support energy production and metabolism, stimulate the immune system and support your body’s ability to heal. The end result is that most people feel better, faster.
What goes into a nutrient infusion?
Naturopathic nutrient infusions include a personalized combination of vitamins, herbs, minerals and antioxidants in doses that are tailored to your health concerns and symptoms. We use preservative free vitamins in their active, methylated form. Common IV formulas contain:
- Vitamins: C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12
- Minerals: Magnesium, Calcium, Selenium, Zinc, Potassium
- Amino Acids: Taurine and Glycine
- Botanicals: Viscum/Mistletoe
- Immune Agents and Antioxidants: Hydrochloric Acid, Glutathione
Glutathione is a major component to most IV protocols. It is a powerful liver antioxidant and helps to repair damaged tissues. Glutathione also has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effects and helps to heal the blood/brain barrier in cases of post Concussion syndrome and neurological disease. Alcohol consumption, acetaminophen use, environmental chemical exposure and stress will deplete glutathione from the body3,4.
Who benefits from nutrient infusions?
At Sanas, we use IV therapy to treat the following conditions:
- Chronic fatigue
- Recovery from jet lag or preparation for busy travel
- Marathon runners or competitive athletes
- Migraine headaches
- Immune boosting/ Chronic infections
- PMS / Infertility / Hormonal imbalances
- Adrenal fatigue
- Injury/surgery recovery
- Asthma and Allergies
- Colds & Flus
- Viruses such as Epstein barr/mono
- Anxiety / Depression
- High blood pressure
- B12 deficiency anemia
- Liver conditions / detoxification
- Malabsorption and digestive conditions (ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, celiac disease, IBS)
- Eczema and other skin conditions
- Concussion syndrome
- Parkinson’s / MS / neuromuscular disorders
- Detoxification and weight loss